B.Sc. in Information Science and Media Studies (Digital Media)
…become a digital information, multimedia and communication expert!
Our B.Sc. degree programme in Information Science and Media Studies draws on advances in computer science and its application in diverse fields of media. The programme will prepare students to work in modern-day industries as digital information and media experts. Career prospects for graduates of this course include computer software programming; web and mobile applications development; online broadcast design; audiovisual production including sound and visual effects; animation and games for entertainment, advertisement and various forms of instructional content.
Students of this course will also be trained to operate with a strong creative, innovative, entrepreneurial and intrapreneurial mindset.
The courses you will study include
- Computer-aided Design in Media
- Web-based Technologies & Multimedia
- Multimedia Database Management Systems
- Programming Languages & Packages for Digital Media
- Creativity and Innovation
- Media Production Process
- Fundamentals of Film & Cinematography
- Digital Colour Technology
- Interactive & Motion Graphics
- Audio and Visual Special Effects
- Computer Animation Production
- Digital Rendering
- Internet Broadcasting
- E-commerce and Business Communication
- Communication in English
- Mathematical and Statistical Methods
Click to download our flier
UTME Entry Requirements
- Current PAU-Approved cut-off mark
- The required UTME subjects are English Language and any three of Social Science, Arts or Science subjects
O’ Level Requirements
Credit level passes in at least five subjects (in not more than two sittings) at ‘O’ level in a nationally recognized examination including:
- and any three of Social Science, Arts or Science subjects
Direct Entry Requirements
In addition to ‘O’ level requirements, candidates must have one of the following qualifications:
- Minimum of two ‘A’ level passes in relevant subjects.
- International Baccalaureate Diploma (IB) in relevant subjects.
- NCE with merit in a relevant discipline.
- An OND/HND credit level in a relevant discipline.
Inter-university Transfer Requirements
Pan-Atlantic University is open to offering admission to students who wish to transfer from another institution of higher learning. However, applicants should be aware that only a few transfer applicants are offered admission each year, and only if they can show clearly that, because of their past performance, demonstrated values, and experiences, they are likely to make a significant contribution to Pan-Atlantic University.
Accordingly, we seriously advise transfer applicants to apply also to other universities, as there is a significant risk that they may be denied admission to Pan-Atlantic University.
- A transfer student must be a current student of the university from which he/she seeks to transfer and should have a clean disciplinary record.
- A transfer student from a Nigerian University is required to possess a JAMB score that is not less than the minimum score of PAU students admitted into his/her intended department in his/her admission year or the minimum JAMB score as approved in the year of admission into the university.
- A transfer student should possess the minimum Pan-Atlantic and inter-departmental entry requirements and should have obtained these before entry into the university from where a transfer is being sought.
- A transfer student shall make a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.50 on a 5.00 point scale to qualify for consideration into 200 level.
- The application should be accompanied by the student’s transcript, which will be verified.
- If at any stage irregularity is discovered in the papers presented by the students, such students shall be withdrawn from the University.
- A student can only transfer into the same course of study – or a similar course where applicable – that he/she was engaged in previously in his/her original university.
- The number of students offered admission by transfer shall not exceed 10% of the number of students in the class they are to join.
- The application procedure for inter-university transfer will remain open until the close of the admission process.
At Pan-Atlantic University, creativity meets enterprise and theory meets practice. Welcome to the field that shapes the way we live in our world today.
Reasons why you should choose PAU…
- Internships in leading organisations
- A place of first choice for employers
- Broad humanistic, social and scientific education
- We cherish our relationships with international universities as well as local and international professional organisations. These relationships help us maintain a high quality in the content of our programmes.
- A wide alumni network that will help you develop relationships with business organisations