Employability is more than just a catchphrase. It is the fusion of your passion, knowledge, and skills in preparation for future opportunities. In Nigeria’s dynamic job market, employability is the compass that guides one through the uncharted waters of Career Development.
The Mission of the University is “To form competent and committed professionals and encourage them to serve with personal initiative and social responsibility the community in which they work, thereby helping to build a better society in Nigeria and Africa at large.” At the Careers Office, we achieve this mission by providing a framework to enable you acquire suitable practical work experience and skills, and forge professional partnerships for your future career paths.
To unleash your potential, explore your passions, and build a future that reflects the very best of who you are, we encourage you to make use of our services listed below:
- Career Advisory: Throughout your stay in the University, we support the pursuit of your career goals and empower you to maximize your potential.
- Online Career Resources: We provide online resources to help you make informed decisions regarding your career path.
- Career Foundations Program (CFP): This program for first year students, is designed to guide you through a transformative journey that will equip you with essential knowledge and skills to excel on campus and prepare you for career success right from the start.
- CV Writing Clinics: We provide opportunities to learn how to prepare CVs in line with current industry standards.
- Mock Interviews: We help you prepare for real work interviews by facilitating mock interviews.
- Industry Readiness Program (IRP): This is designed for compulsory internship students; it brings to consciousness, things to put in place and skills needed to thrive in the workplace.
- Seminars and workshops: We organize seminars and workshops where we (and the invited guests) give talks on choosing a career path.
- Internship Facilitation: In assisting you realize your potential, we facilitate the internship placements at various companies, where you get life experience of the workplace.
In PAU, through our vast services and resources tailored to your unique career aspirations, we believe that these services would steer you in the right direction and help you find your path to a rewarding career.
To book an appointment:
+234 904 195 1692
- Mass Communication. Our students can work in corporate communications, public relations, client services, video editing, content creation, radio/TV broadcaster, social media marketing, news and advertising, photography and the likes).
- Information Science and Media Studies. These students can work in IT, animation, graphics, video editing, advertising, digital marketing, database administration, programming, software engineering and system analysis).
- Accounting. These students can work in accounts, audit, insurance, investment banking and taxation.
- Business Administration. Our students can work in human resources, administration, sales, marketing, business development, research and documentation.
- Economics. Our students can work in economic research, capital market management, forecasting, management consulting, data analysis, and risk management.
The B.Sc Accounting of our University recently received ACCA Accreditation; this is in addition to that of ICAN. This gives our students multiple avenues to become Chartered Accountants of ICAN and ACCA even before they graduate.
- Computer Science. These information technology professionals are skilled in the areas of Computer Networking, software and mobile application development, Cybersecurity, Web Designing, Data Science, IT, Programming, Full-Stack Engineering, Information Security, Product Management, Machine Learning, Quantum Computing, AI and Robotics, Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Cloud Computing, Data Analysis, Structured Programming, Modular Programming, Software development, Web security and UI/UX.
- Mechanical Engineering. Our students can work in the areas of design, fluid mechanics, thermodynamics, building and maintenance of simple machines and machine elements, use of computer-aided engineering tools, etc., with the highest level of professional competence, ethical responsibility and a spirit of enterprise.
- Electrical/Electronics Engineering. Our students can work in the areas of design, building and maintenance of electrical control systems, machinery and equipment, etc., with the highest level of professional and ethical responsibility.
The maiden edition of Pan-Atlantic University (PAU) Career Fair took place in 2018; this annual event has been a success since then. During this event, organisations have the opportunity to meet their potential employees (students). PAU Career Fair creates an opportunity for you to meet your talent requirements.
The Career Fair is held at our Main Campus at Ibeju-Lekki in February every year.
Why you should participate in the Career Fair:
- Increase in brand awareness
- Opportunity to network with other companies
- An exceptional opportunity to find new, energetic, and distinct candidates who will bring the latest industry knowledge fresh from the classroom and other campus resources
- Hold face-to-face interviews in a customised booth within a first-rate facility
- Great way to acquire talents who will contribute to the organisation’s goals and mission
- Access to a large talent pool in one location and reduced cost per hire
Access to the benefits detailed above is for a cash investment which is decided beforehand.
Additional benefits are:
- Logo display in the Career Fair brochure.
- Display of promotional materials around strategic areas of the campus.
- Social media mentions across all platforms for two weeks.
- Cocktail and lunch.
To further increase brand visibility, organizations may advertise in the event brochure; 1000 copies of the event brochure are printed and distributed to all our partners in different parts of the country. This comes at a fee as well.
This is a free event for HR Professionals from our partner companies which is organized yearly. This event is held in May every year.
The overall objectives of the Workshop is to:
- Foster reflection and dialogue among human resources professionals
- Create a platform where human resources professionals could discuss contemporary issues in a stimulating environment.
The information provided on this page applies only to past and present students of Pan-Atlantic University
- Career advisory
- Online Career Resources
- Career Foundations Programme (CFP)
- CV Writing Clinics
- Mock Interviews
- Industry Readiness Programme (IRP)
- Seminars and Workshops
- Internship Facilitation
We are thrilled to share the progress of some of our Engineering students who are currently in the process of building a Mobile Manual Gantry as their group project for the 2023 SIWES 1 programme. Their talents, determination, passion and resilience inspire us every day, and we are privileged to be part of their career journey.
Our career and internship unit had the opportunity to visit Fibre One , where one of our undergraduate students, Oluwadayosola Oladunjoye, is currently interning. We have received highly positive feedback from Adeyinka A., the industry supervisor, who consistently affirms our intern’s talent and recognises his valuable contributions. “Oluwadayosola consistently delivers tasks in a timely and effective manner, while also providing unique perspectives that greatly enhance the projects we undertake.”
It was truly inspiring to observe the supervisor’s unwavering dedication to fostering the growth of our talent and creating a conducive environment for his success. Based on the exhibited attitudes and testimonials, we can confidently assert that our talent is progressing towards a fulfilling career.
We are thrilled to share the wonderful feedback on our students, Nkenna Okoye and Adanna Ned-Onuoha, who interned at Unified Payment Services Limited in the recently concluded internship programme.
These young minds showcased unwavering commitment, adaptability, and a thirst for knowledge. They proved, once again, that the future belongs to those who are willing to work hard and push the boundaries of their potential. Their experiences have assured us of the importance of being a person of value in the workplace, and we are excited to see the bright futures they are destined for.
A heartfelt thank you to Doowuese Kyaagba, one of the supervisors at Unified Payment Services Limited for providing them with invaluable experiences and guidance throughout the period.
Emotional Intelligence is an important life skill necessary to establish and maintain successful relationships with people. Understanding its relevance in today’s world is the reason Pan-Atlantic University has now introduced the subject matter into its curriculum to enable students enhance emotional literacy and other associated elements.
Kudos to Nkiru Ukachukwu, who did justice to the topic, Emotional Intelligence with the students in 300 Level Accounting, Business Administration, and Computer Science departments respectively.
We are excited about our newly established partnership with Prosperis Holdings where three of our students, Jaiyeola Ogunkanmi, Edna Ogba and Kamsi Oguadinma, interned during the 2023 Compulsory internship program.
Our visit to the organization was insightful as we not only gained deeper understanding of their #innovative approaches and commitment to excellence, but also got the assurance of a continuous partnership, following our students’ exceptional performances during the internship.
Kudos to the brilliant minds at Prosperis Holdings for crafting an environment that is not just about business, but also about celebrating creativity.
In bridging the gaps faced by Careers Advisors in various institutions, Ashesi University organized a Career Strategy Workshop for career coaches, mentors, and team leads of various universities across West Africa. It was an immersive journey into the world of career advising and two of our career coaches, Nkiru Ukachukwu and Peace Okala- EtukESSIEN, participated in the programme.
What set this programme apart was the collaborative spirit that permeated every discussion. Connecting with fellow career advisors from diverse backgrounds and countries like Nigeria, Rwanda, Kenya and so on, brought fresh perspectives and a wealth of ideas. During the program, the networking opportunities were unparalleled, fostering relationships that would undoubtedly strengthen our collective impact in guiding the next generation toward fulfilling careers.
We are excited to implement the insights gained as yearly career plans were built. These would continue to make meaningful differences in the lives of the students we guide. A heartfelt thank you to the incredible speakers, facilitators, and the entire Ashesi University team for curating such a transformative experience.
A heartfelt thank you to all our esteemed partners who attended the 7th Pan-Atlantic University Career Fair on Wednesday, 7th of February 2024.
Your participation was instrumental in creating an enriching experience for all our final year and masters students respectively.
Together, we empowered individuals to achieve their professional aspirations.
We look forward to future collaborations.
Kuda, Fast Credit Limited, Wema Bank Plc., Enterprise Life Nigeria, Dangote Cement Plc, NOLT FINANCE LIMITED, Cecure Intelligence, Limited, Nigerian Bottling Company Plc, International Breweries Plc, VFD MICROFINANCE BANK, Fosad Consulting, Comic Republic, AFEX, Creditville Group, Zenith Bank, Guaranty Trust Bank, Mota-Engil, Ecobank Nigeria, MTN Nigeria, Nestlé, Rapid Broadcasting Network limited, Drawbridge CM, and Megastar Magazine.