Employability has been a challenge for graduates owing to their inability to meet the current labor market expectations. Nigerian graduates have consistently not acquired the skills needed for success in the workplace.
The Mission Statement of the University is “to form competent and committed professionals and encourage them to serve with personal initiative and social responsibility the community in which they work, thereby helping to build a better society in Nigeria and Africa at large”. he Internship Program is one way we form competent and socially responsible professionals. The internships also make a great contribution to our partner companies as well as their personal and professional development.
To ensure that its graduates meet up with the labour market’s requirements, skills and competencies for employment; the University has put in place a very robust internship program. Through the internship program, the University seeks to make Nigerian graduates more employable. The Pan-Atlantic University (PAU) internship program runs from July to October every year.
PAU graduates have consistently performed beyond the expectations of their employers due to our constant emphasis on internships (where they acquire first-hand professional experience). The employability of our graduates has been on the increase from 2018 and 2020. Specifically, the number of our graduates that are fully employed rose from 76% to 90%. Similarly, the rate of our unemployed graduates declined from 4% to 2% over the same period.
Our students can be a stop-gap in cases where you need people that would work over a short period to execute specific projects; our students have very good internship (physical and virtual) track records. PAU graduates have consistently performed beyond the expectations of their employers due to our constant emphasis on internships (where they acquire first-hand professional experience).
- Mass Communication. Our students can work in corporate communications, public relations, client services, video editing, content creation, radio/TV broadcaster, social media marketing, news and advertising, photography and the likes).
- Information Science and Media Studies. These students can work in IT, animation, graphics, video editing, advertising, digital marketing, database administration, programming, software engineering and system analysis).
- Accounting. These students can work in accounts, audit, insurance, investment banking and taxation.
- Business Administration. Our students can work in human resources, administration, sales, marketing, business development, research and documentation.
- Economics. Our students can work in economic research, capital market management, forecasting, management consulting, data analysis, and risk management.
The B.Sc Accounting of our University recently received ACCA Accreditation; this is in addition to that of ICAN. This gives our students multiple avenues to become Chartered Accountants of ICAN and ACCA even before they graduate.
- Computer Science. These information technology professionals are skilled in the areas of Computer Networking, software and mobile application development, Cybersecurity, Web Designing, Data Science, IT, Programming, Full-Stack Engineering, Information Security, Product Management, Machine Learning, Quantum Computing, AI and Robotics, Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Cloud Computing, Data Analysis, Structured Programming, Modular Programming, Software development, Web security and UI/UX.
- Mechanical Engineering. Our students can work in the areas of design, fluid mechanics, thermodynamics, building and maintenance of simple machines and machine elements, use of computer-aided engineering tools, etc., with the highest level of professional competence, ethical responsibility and a spirit of enterprise.
- Electrical/Electronics Engineering. Our students can work in the areas of design, building and maintenance of electrical control systems, machinery and equipment, etc., with the highest level of professional and ethical responsibility.
The maiden edition of Pan-Atlantic University (PAU) Career Fair took place in 2018; this annual event has been a success since then. During this event, organisations have the opportunity to meet their potential employees (students). PAU Career Fair creates an opportunity for you to meet your talent requirements.
The Career Fair is held at our Main Campus at Ibeju-Lekki in February every year.
Why you should participate in the Career Fair:
- Increase in brand awareness
- Opportunity to network with other companies
- An exceptional opportunity to find new, energetic, and distinct candidates who will bring the latest industry knowledge fresh from the classroom and other campus resources
- Hold face-to-face interviews in a customised booth within a first-rate facility
- Great way to acquire talents who will contribute to the organisation’s goals and mission
- Access to a large talent pool in one location and reduced cost per hire
Access to the benefits detailed above is for a cash investment which is decided beforehand.
Additional benefits are:
- Logo display in the Career Fair brochure.
- Display of promotional materials around strategic areas of the campus.
- Social media mentions across all platforms for two weeks.
- Cocktail and lunch.
To further increase brand visibility, organizations may advertise in the event brochure; 1000 copies of the event brochure are printed and distributed to all our partners in different parts of the country. This comes at a fee as well.
This is a free event for HR Professionals from our partner companies which is organized yearly. This event is held in May every year.
The overall objectives of the Workshop is to:
- Foster reflection and dialogue among human resources professionals
- Create a platform where human resources professionals could discuss contemporary issues in a stimulating environment.
- Career advisory
- Internship placement
- CV review
- Mock/ one-on-one interview
- Information on job opportunities (for undergraduates and graduates)
- Seminar/workshop on professional life
- Letters of recommendation (after graduation)