B.Sc. in Business Administration
Our aim in the School of Management and Social Sciences (SMSS) is to deliver real-world business solutions in a rapidly evolving global environment and teach you to be a leader. Empowered with real skills and attuned to a global marketplace, you’ll be equipped to make strategic contributions to the management of firms and the larger society.
Reasons why you should choose SMSS…
- Experienced faculty – Our faculty members have vast and varied experience in the industry.
- International quality research – Publishing in international peer-reviewed journals and presenting papers at international conferences are key activities for our faculty.
- Real learning – Our curriculum, developed in close collaboration with industry experts, is targeted at meeting industry needs as well as achieving high academic standards.
- Professional qualification – In addition to the B.Sc degree, interested students can register and prepare for the professional qualification of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN) through the ATSWA route. Success at the ATSWA examinations of ICAN will speed up the process of qualifying as a chartered accountant before graduation or shortly after graduation.
- Practice what you learn – attractive internship placements with leading businesses
- Business events – you can be a part of the many business events that take place in the University throughout the academic session.
- Ideal location near a major economic centre – our campus is located an hour’s drive from the commercial centre of Lagos (the fourth largest economy in Africa)
- Career events – you’ll be able to take advantage of career events organised yearly for our students.
The School of Management and Social Sciences currently offers the following programmes:
- A 4-year Bachelor of Science in Accounting
- A 4-year Bachelor of Science in Business Administration
- A 4-year Bachelor of Science in Economics
Click to download our flier
|What you’ll do||You might like this if…||Things you’ll study|
|Business Administration||Help firms recognize and analyze management problems and evolve strategies for their solution; you will be able to recognize and implement good management policies.||… you have an analytical mind, like problem-solving and working with people.||Includes economics, statistics, finance and management courses like operations management, organisational behaviour, and management information systems|
UTME Entry Requirements
- Current PAU-Approved cut-off mark
- The required UTME subjects are English Language and Mathematics with any other two (2) subjects from Economics, Financial Accounting, Commerce, Geography and French or any other Arts or Social Science subject.
O’ Level Requirements
Credit level passes in at least five subjects (in not more than two sittings) at ‘O’ level in a nationally recognized examination including:
- and any other two subjects in Arts or Social Science.
Direct Entry Requirements
In addition to ‘O’ level requirements, candidates must have one of the following qualifications:
- Minimum of two ‘A’ level passes in relevant subjects.
- International Baccalaureate Diploma (IB) in relevant subjects.
- NCE with merit in a relevant discipline.
- An OND/HND credit level in a relevant discipline.
Inter-university Transfer Requirements
Pan-Atlantic University is open to offering admission to students who wish to transfer from another institution of higher learning. However, applicants should be aware that only a few transfer applicants are offered admission each year, and only if they can show clearly that, because of their past performance, demonstrated values, and experiences, they are likely to make a significant contribution to Pan-Atlantic University.
Accordingly, we seriously advise transfer applicants to apply also to other universities, as there is a significant risk that they may be denied admission to Pan-Atlantic University.
- A transfer student must be a current student of the university from which he/she seeks to transfer and should have a clean disciplinary record.
- A transfer student from a Nigerian University is required to possess a JAMB score that is not less than the minimum score of PAU students admitted into his/her intended department in his/her admission year or the minimum JAMB score as approved in the year of admission into the university.
- A transfer student should possess the minimum Pan-Atlantic and inter-departmental entry requirements and should have obtained these before entry into the university from where the transfer is being sought.
- A transfer student shall make a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.50 on a 5.00 point scale to qualify for consideration into 200 level.
- The application should be accompanied by the student’s transcript, which will be verified.
- If at any stage irregularity is discovered in the papers presented by the students, such students shall be withdrawn from the University.
- A student can only transfer into the same course of study – or a similar course where applicable – that he/she was engaged in previously in his/her original university.
- The number of students offered admission by transfer shall not exceed 10% of the number of students in the class they are to join.
- The application procedure for inter-university transfer will remain open until the close of the admission process.
Students can visit the library to gain access to recommended books and other study materials.