B.Eng. Electrical and Electronic Engineering
The B.Eng. programme in Electrical and Electronic Engineering is informed by the aspiration to train electrical and electronic engineering professionals in the areas of design, building and maintenance of electrical control systems, machinery and equipment, etc., with the highest level of professional and ethical responsibility.
The programme will prepare students for careers in the vast areas where electrical engineering is applied such as in transport networks, lighting, heating, ventilation and air-conditioning (HVAC) systems, power generation and distribution, renewable energy, telecommunication, manufacturing and construction industries, etc. With the skills students will acquire in this programme, they will be better equipped to improve individual and corporate performance, with the resultant impact on national productivity and economic growth.
This programme is available in 2 streams:
- Electronic and Control Engineering
- Electrical Power and Machines
O’ Level Requirements
Credit level passes in at least five subjects (in not more than two sittings) at ‘O’ level in a nationally recognized examination including:
- English Language
- and any other acceptable science subject.
It is desirable for candidates to pass Further Mathematics and Technical Drawing at credit level. Such candidates shall have an added advantage.
- Current PAU-Approved cut-off mark
- The required UTME subjects are English, Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry.
In addition to ‘O’ level requirements, candidates must have one of the following qualifications:
- Minimum of two ‘A’ level credits in relevant subjects.
- International Baccalaureate Diploma (IB) in relevant subjects.
- NCE with merit in a relevant discipline.
- An OND/HND credit level in a relevant discipline.