B.Eng. Electrical/Electronic Engineering
The B.Eng. programme in Electrical/Electronic Engineering is informed by the aspiration to train electrical/electronic engineering professionals in the areas of design, building and maintenance of electrical control systems, machinery and equipment, etc., with the highest level of professional and ethical responsibility.
The programme will prepare students for careers in the vast areas where electrical engineering is applied such as in transport networks, lighting, heating, ventilation and air-conditioning (HVAC) systems, power generation and distribution, renewable energy, telecommunication, manufacturing and construction industries, etc. With the skills students will acquire in this programme, they will be better equipped to improve individual and corporate performance, with the resultant impact on national productivity and economic growth.
This programme is available in 2 streams:
- Electronic and Control Engineering
- Electrical Power and Machines
Admission (UTME) Requirements
The following are the admission requirements for the five (5) year bachelor’s programme in electrical/electronic engineering
- At least 5 credit passes in SSCE or equivalent (including English, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and any other science subject) in not more than 2 sittings. In addition, courses like Further Mathematics and Technical Drawing will be an added advantage.
- Score the minimum PAU-Approved cut-off for the programme.
- The required UTME subjects are Mathematics, English, Physics, and Chemistry.
- Pass PAU post-UTME screening