Our aim in the School of Management and Social Sciences (SMSS) is to deliver real world business solutions in a rapidly evolving global environment and teach you to be a leader. Empowered with real skills and attuned to a global marketplace, you’ll be equipped to make strategic contributions in the management of firms and in the larger society.
Reasons why you should choose SMSS…
- Experienced faculty – Our faculty members have vast and varied experience in industry.
- International quality research – Publishing in international peer-reviewed journals and presenting papers at international conferences are key activities for our faculty.
- Real learning – Our curriculum, developed in close collaboration with industry experts, is targeted at meeting industry needs as well as achieving high academic standards.
- Professional qualification – In addition to the B.Sc degree, interested students can register and prepare for the professional qualification of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN) through the ATSWA route. Success at ATSWA examinations of ICAN will speed up the process of qualifying as a chartered accountant before graduation or shortly after graduation.
- Practice what you learn – attractive internship placements with leading businesses
- Business events – you can be a part of the many business events that take place in the University all through the academic session.
- Ideal location near a major economic centre – our campus is located an hour’s drive from the commercial centre of Lagos (the fourth largest economy in Africa)
- Career events – you’ll be able to take advantage of career events organised yearly for our students.
The School of Management and Social Sciences offers the following programmes:
- A 4-year Bachelor of Science in Accounting
- A 4-year Bachelor of Science in Business Administration
- A 4-year Bachelor of Science in Economics
Click to download our flier
|What you’ll do||You might like this if…||Things you’ll study|
|Economics||Provide solution to both micro- and macroeconomic problems through research and analysis
Provide economic intelligence for public and private entities Econometric modelling and forecasting
Prepare financial and economic analysis of projects
Analyze socio-economic issues and make policy recommendations
Macropolicy design and analysis
|… you like dealing with numbers
You are interested in international economic relations, human resource and economic development
You wish to contribute to poverty alleviation and economic growth
|Micro and Macro Economics, Statistics, Finance, Econometrics, Accounting, Political Economy, Problems and Policies of Development…|
UTME Entry Requirements
- Current PAU-Approved cut-off mark
- O’ Level result (five credits Mathematics, English and Economics inclusive and any two of History, English Literature, Government, Civic Education, CRS/IRS, Commerce, Accounting, Business Studies, and Marketing).
- Apply through sims.pau.edu.ng
- The required UTME subjects are English language, Mathematics, Economics, Financial Accounting/Commerce or any other Arts or Social Science subject.
Direct Entry Requirements
To be eligible, an applicant is required to have one of the following qualifications:
- Two advanced level credits in Arts, Social Science or Science subjects.
- International Baccalaureate Diploma (IB) in relevant subjects.
- NCE with merit in a relevant discipline
- An OND/HND credit level in a relevant discipline.
Inter-university Transfer Requirements
Pan-Atlantic university is open to offering admission to students who wish to transfer from another institution of higher learning. However, applicants should be aware that only a few transfer applicants are offered admission each year, and only if they can show clearly that, because of their past performance, demonstrated values, and experiences, they are likely to make a significant contribution to Pan-Atlantic University.
Accordingly, we seriously advise transfer applicants to apply also to other universities, as there is a significant risk that they may be denied admission in Pan-Atlantic University.
- A transfer student must be a current student of the university from which he/she seeks to transfer and should have a clean disciplinary record.
- A transfer student from a Nigerian University is required to possess a JAMB score that is not less than the minimum score of PAU students admitted into his/her intended department in his/her admission year or the minimum JAMB score as approved in the year of admission into the university.
- A transfer student should possess the minimum Pan-Atlantic and inter departmental entry requirement and should have obtained these prior to entry into the university from where transfer is being sought.
- A transfer student should have made a minimum cumulative grade point average (CGPA) of 2.50 on a 5.00 point scale to qualify to be considered for admission into 200 level. Students with CGPA not lower than 1.50 may be considered for admission into 100 level.
- The application should be accompanied by student’s transcript, which will be verified.
- If at any stage irregularity is discovered in the papers presented by the students, such students shall be withdrawn from the University.
- A student can only transfer into the same course of study – or a similar course where applicable – that he/she was engaged in previously in his/her original university.
- The number of students offered admission by transfer shall not exceed 10% of the number of students in the class they are to join.
- The application procedure for inter-university transfer will remain open until the close of the admission process.
Students can visit the library to gain access to recommended books and other study materials .