Dr Desmond Moru
Desmond Moru holds a doctorate degree in Computer Science from TECNUN School of Engineering of the University of Navarra Spain, and M.Sc. in Computer Science from the University of Benin, Benin City. He worked as a researcher with the Division of Computer Vision and Robotics CEIT-BRT in San Sebastian Spain. He was responsible for developing and deploying European Union (EU) industrial projects. He was a visiting scholar at the Smart Production laboratory at Aalborg University (AAU) Denmark in 2019.
Prior to joining the School of Science and Technology of Pan Atlantic University, he co-founded a software developing company. He was responsible for managing, developing, and deploying applications in the fields of education, industry, commerce, and entertainment. Having worked as CEO for over 10 years, he has gained ample experience on how to manage projects and people effectively. He also joined Viisaus Consulting as administrator and platform developer.
His main research interest includes computer programming, machine vision algorithms, image-based processing, industrial inspections artificial intelligence and metrology.
- Moru, Desmond K., and Diego Borro. “A machine vision algorithm for quality control inspection of gears.” The International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology 106, no. 1-2 (2020): 105-123.
- Moru, Desmond K., and Diego Borro. “Analysis of different parameters of influence in industrial cameras calibration processes.” Measurement (2020) Submitted.
- Moru, Desmond K., Imouokhome, Francis Aien-Akho, and Veronica I. Osubor. “Ascertaining the Presence of Responsiveness in the Websites of Tertiary Institutions.” University of Sindh Journal of Information and Communication Technology 2, no. 3 (2018): 135-138.
- Imouokhome, Francis AU, Moru Kehinde Desmond, and Veronica I. Osubor. “Causes of Failure and Breakdown of Personal Computers in Nigeria.” University of Sindh Journal of Information and Communication Technology 2, no. 2 (2018): 105-110.
- Imoukhome, Francis Aien-Akho, and K. Desmond MORU. “Potentials of ICT-based Business Initiatives for Enterprise Creation in Nigeria.”
- Moru, Desmond K. (2018), “Machine Vision and Industry 4.0 Technologies”. BIEMH, International Machine Tool Biennial Congress, Bilbao Spain.
- “Next Generation Leaders” organized by the University Conference of the Pyrenees (JUP), Pamplona Spain July 20 -26, 2020.
- “The Transformative Power of Work” organized by the University Conference of the Pyrenees (JUP), Barbastro Spain, July 17 -24, 2019.
- “Rethink the Future” organized by the University Conference of the Pyrenees (JUP), Barbastro Spain July 25 -31, 2018.
- “A World in Movement” organized by the University Conference of the Pyrenees (JUP), Pamplona Spain July 24 -30, 2017.