Dr. Jeremiah O. Bandele obtained a B.Eng. (Hons.) degree in Electrical and Electronic Engineering from the University of Ado-Ekiti (now known as Ekiti State University, Ado-Ekiti) in 2009. He obtained a M.Sc. degree (with distinction) in Electronic, Communications, and Computer Engineering and a Ph.D. degree in Electrical and Electronic Engineering in 2011 and 2016 respectively, from the University of Nottingham, United Kingdom. In the United Kingdom, he received awards, scholarships and recognitions such as the University of Nottingham Postgraduate Studentship, the Sir Richard Stapley Educational Trust Grant and the University of Nottingham High Fliers Scheme.
After his PhD programme, he worked as a Software Engineer at Near Field Solutions, Nottingham from 2016 to 2017 where he developed Software applications in various software languages and integrated Near Field Communication tags, beacons, Bluetooth and Bluetooth Low Energy devices with the Android SDK. He was a lecturer in the Department of Electrical, Electronics and Computer Engineering at Afe Babalola University where he taught undergraduate and post-graduate students courses such as Analysis of Algorithm and Data Structure, Software Engineering, Prototyping Techniques, Technical Report Writing, Antennas Theory and Structured Computer Program.
Jeremiah is currently lecturing at Pan-Atlantic University where he teaches courses such as Fundamentals of Television and Display Technologies, Human Computer Interaction and Introduction to Mathematical Methods. He is a Registered Engineer with the Council of Regulation of Engineering in Nigeria (COREN) and a Corporate Member of the Nigeria Society of Engineers (NSE). His research interests include using statistical methods to solve societal problems, software engineering, free-space optical communication, visible light communication, optical amplification, decision thresholding schemes and BER evaluation.
Research and Publications
a) Selected Journal Articles
- Bandele, J. O., Onibonoje, M. O., & Aladeloba, A. O. (2020). Non-Adaptive Decision Thresholds for Gain Saturated FSO Links Limited by Weak to Strong Turbulence and Pointing Errors. In International Journal of Engineering Research in Africa (Vol. 46, pp. 63-75). Trans Tech Publications Ltd
- Onibonoje, M. O., & Bandele, J. O. (2020). Digimesh-Based Design of a Wireless Monitoring Network for Environmental Factors Affecting Granary System. In International Journal of Engineering Research in Africa (Vol. 48, pp. 126-132). Trans Tech Publications Ltd
- Bandele, J. O., Woolfson, M., & Phillips, A. J. (2019). Saturation in wavelength-division multiplexing free-space optical communication systems. Frontiers of Optoelectronics, 12(2), 197-207
- Bandele, J. O., Adigun, S. O. (2018). Optimised gain saturated pre-amplified free-space optical communication systems. ABUAD Journal of Engineering Research and Development (AJERD), vol. 1, issue 2, pp. 205-210
- Bandele, J. O., Desai, P. Woolfson, M. S. and Phillips, A. J. (2016). Saturation in cascaded optical amplifier free-space optical communication systems, IET Optoelectronics, vol. 10, pp. 71-79
b) Research in progress
- Broadband availability and the Sustainable Development Goals
- Effect of pointing errors in extended and multiplexed saturated pre-amplified free-space optical communication systems
- Performance evaluation of error correction coded saturated pre-amplified free-space optical communication systems